RE: Problem with the strings

On 24 November 2006 14:00, Nick Clifton wrote:

> Hi Kanishk,
>
>> when we compile our c programs the strings which we use get defined in
>> read only memory. how can i ask the gcc compiler to declare them in
>> read-write section where other data stays.
>
> You do not say which compiler you are using, nor which version of the
> compiler.  It is very helpful to include such information when you ask
> questions like this.
>
> This is a question about the compiler, so you should send it to the gcc
> mailing list (gcc@gcc.gnu.org) and not this list.  This list is about
> the assembler and linker.

  Actually I think that questions like this are meant to go to the gcc-help
list rather than the main gcc list, no?

  Kanishk, the main gcc list deals with the internals of the compiler itself
and questions about how to modify or otherwise work on the compiler's own
source code.  For questions about how to /use/ the compiler, please send mail
to gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org.

    cheers,
      DaveK