Re: [heads-up] disabling "../configure --disable-bootstrap && make bootstrap"

On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 05:53:43PM -0500, Richard Kenner wrote:
> > Next week, after the merge, the bootstrap rules in the gcc directory
> > will go away.
>
> So what will be the way at that point to bootstrap JUST gcc?

You won't be able to do that any more.  We've been saying that since
the first top level bootstrap rules went in, every time the subject
came up - this really shouldn't be a surprise.

Libgcc will no longer be configured by the gcc subdirectory's makefile.
Therefore there will be no startfiles or libgcc for the new compiler to
use.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery