Linking against libbfd under Windows/CygWin/MingW

What steps are needed to be able to create a Windows command line executable which links against libbfd? I have a tool which must process an ELF file into a ROM image (with some weird processing requirements due to the target hardware). While making the program under Linux is trivial, I have a developer who is using Windows who also needs to run the program.

Ideally, I'd like to simply cross-compile it on my Linux box and hand him the executable, but I'm not sure on how to insure the proper linkage against libbfd, as well as the other dain-bramage needed to run a Windows CLI program.

Alternatively, what parts of Ming would I need to install to do this linkage.

I've not found any good docs on this - most folks building Ming programs that I've found are NOT linking against other *nix-y things like libbfd.