Re: ELFPPC32 / final link failed: Bad value

Hi Simon,

ld: final link failed: Bad value

I have little doubt that the generated ELF object is somehow incorrect,
but I can't find a way to make ld more verbose about the "Bad value" in
question (the only options in the documentation seemed to be the
--warn* options, and they didn't detail the problem either)

Any hint ?

Edit the source and extend the error message ?

Alternatively try using the readelf tool. If you give it the --relocs option it should display all the relocations in the object file and you may be able to spot something that looks wrong. (I am guessing here that the problem is associated with the relocations in the object file. This might not be true. You can try using other options of readelf to look at other aspects of the object file as well).

Cheers
  Nick