Re: References for relocations..

vamsi krishna wrote:

Hi Dave,

I'm a aspiring contributor to the gnu bin-utils , I'm looking for
references on study more about linker relocations, it would be great
if you could provide some of them.

You would probably get more of a response if you were to ask on the project list. I've copied the list on this response.

I learned about binutils and relocs the old fashioned way...I started with the project home page at

http://sources.redhat.com/binutils/

There's a link there for all of the project documentation. Then it was a look at the source code of existing ports. If you're considering an elf target, look at the headers in include/elf and the various target specific sources in bfd/elfxx-<target>.c (where xx is 32 or 64).

If there are other resources, I hope others on this list will point them out. You should probably subscribe to the list to make sure you get all of the responses. Otherwise you can check the archives at

http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/

I hope this gets you started.

Dave