Re: Can you provide more info in ChangeLog?

> I did have this information in the original change logs that I
> submitted, but Nick thought that the entries were too much to add (this
> port has been maintained by Red Hat internally for 6 years) and asked me
> to simply say which files had been changed.

> Nick -- what should I do?

I had thought that Nick was suggesting that you need not supply all of
the ChangeLog entries for *new* files.  For those, you can simply create
a ChangeLog entry that says "foo.c: New file".

For any existing file that your patches modify, I have always worked on
the basis that the internal revision history is of little significance.
For those files, you should diff against the mainline and provide
ChangeLog entries as usual (that is, provide a ChangeLog entry that
encompasses all of the changes that were made in private).

Ben