From: Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com>
To: Lin George <george4academic@yahoo.com>
Cc: binutils@sourceware.org
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 11:34:47 PM
Subject: Re: profile system API performance

Hi George

> Nike,

It's "Nick" actually...

> I find rebuild libc is so complicated, needs to refer to some Kernel header files.

Oh yes, this is not for the faint-hearted.

> Do you have any documents to refer for dummy -- like me? :-)

Have you checked out the glibc web site ?

   http://www.gnu.org/software/libc

> BTW: are there any libc which is already enabled with gprof functions (with -pg profile capability) to steal?

That depends upon the Linux distribution that you are using.  I would
suggest that you check with their web sites.  You could also google for
"glibc-profile".

Cheers
   Nick

Bored stiff? Loosen up...