Re: Updating libtool in GCC and srctree

> On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 04:03:52PM -0700, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> > configure:15448: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_GCJdnl
>
> Where'd that come from?  Wherever it is, it's a bug.  Maybe someone
> checked in a typo to the configure file.  "dnl" is a comment start
> token in autoconf (that's a very rough approximation of the situation).

It looks like it is coming from the new libtool.m4, I just sent email to
bug-libtool@gnu.org about it.  In the new libtool.m4 there is:

# LT_PROG_GCJ
# -----------
AC_DEFUN([LT_PROG_GCJ],
[m4_ifdef([AC_PROG_GCJ], [AC_PROG_GCJ],
  [m4_ifdef([A][M_PROG_GCJ], [A][M_PROG_GCJ],
    [AC_CHECK_TOOL(GCJ, gcj,)
      test "x${GCJFLAGS+set}" = xset || GCJFLAGS="-g -O2"
      AC_SUBST(GCJFLAGS)])])dnl
])

And I think the dnl at the end of the AC_SUBST line is the problem.
Removing it seems to fix the configure of libjava anyway.

> Yes, you always want to match ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS from Makefile.am.

Now that is a very useful thing to know.

I am trying to build now and am currently running into a problem building
libgfortran.

When doing the libtool link of the library I get:

	ld: Can't find library or mismatched ABI for -lgfortranbegin
	Fatal error.
	collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
	make[3]: *** [libgfortran.la] Error 1

I was able to build libstdc++-v3 and other libraries with no problem,
but I haven't figured out what is going on here yet.

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com