RE: Does make have ARM version?

On 20 March 2007 17:33, Paul Brook wrote:

>>> /tmp/ccOKs3Ho.s: Assembler messages:
>>> /tmp/ccOKs3Ho.s:2171: Error: immediate expression expected -- `wstrw
>>> wcgr0,[r2,r1,asl#2]'
>>
>>   Does this look familiar to anyone?  It's caused by (arm-linux cross)
>> gcc-3.3.6 outputting assembler that as-2.15 doesn't accept.  It could also
>> be a mismatch in CPU types.  Unfortunately I don't speak ARM assembly...
>
> The assembler is correct, the assembly is bogus.
> iwmmxt loads support accept reg+imm addressing modes. Looks like you've got
> a broken compiler or inline assembly.
>
> Paul

  Ah, it must be the compiler then.  Wenbin was trying to compile gnu make,
and there's no inline assembly there!

  Wembin, your compiler is buggy.  Did you build it yourself or obtain
prebuilt binaries from somewhere?  If you did, you need to go back and talk to
the supplier; they've probably added a bad patch.  I had a quick browse
through the GCC bugzilla, but couldn't find any record of this bug occurring
in mainline gcc.

    cheers,
      DaveK