Re: problem linking Java and C++ code with (gcj and binutils)

Hi Andreas,

I already put this problem into the GNU-Java mailing list, but they can't
reproduce my problem.

Sadly neither could I. :-(

Please could you open a binutils bug report at:

http://sourceware.org/bugzilla

and include in it not only the information you provided in this email (including the tar file) but also copies of the libSimpleCPPLib.so and SimpleCPPLib.o files so that we can have a look at them.

It would also help if you could include the output of running the gcj commands with the "-v" option added to the command line, so that we can see how the linker is invoked. It would also help if you showed us the output from nm where it displays the hidden alias. (In order to make sure that you are getting the same information from nm as we are).

Cheers
  Nick