From: Mike Frysinger [mailto:vapier@gentoo.org]
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2007 5:10 AM
To: denisc@overta.ru; marekm@amelek.gda.pl; troth@openavr.org; diwil@spec.ru
Cc: binutils@sources.redhat.com
Subject: allowing $ in symbol names for avr/msp430

i hope i got the right contacts by grepping for avr/msp in the MAINTAINERS
;)

i keep seeing requests from users to patch binutils in Gentoo so that the
msp430 and avr ports allow $ in the symbol names ... this seems to mostly
come from people trying to use TinyOS, but ive had one or two independent
requests as well

how do you port maintainers feel about adding this to gas ?
-mike