Re: [patch committed] SH: Define md_optimize_expr

Alan Modra <amodra@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> So if the rs_align_test actually does some alignment, you will
> generate an incorrect value for ". - bar".  I think that is a little
> risky, since rs_align_test only emits a warning.  Maybe you should
> emit an error instead.

Surely.  I'd like to try it.

> The real reason I'm commenting though is that you should be testing
> for both rs_align_test and rs_fill frags in your
> align_test_frag_offset_fixed_p function.  You might have both frag
> types between the expression's symbols.

You are right.  I thought that if one of the symbols is associated
with an rs_fill frag, that will be caught with expr.  I've missed
there might be more complex cases.  I'll fix that part of the patch
as you suggested.  Thank you for pointing this out.

Regards,
	kaz