Re: eh_frame_hdr with no sorted fde table

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 02:01:52PM +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
> The table indexing FDEs in eh_frame_hdr is rather critical to good
> exception handling performance.  Particularly so since glibc doesn't
> itself create a sorted table for shared libs having .eh_frame_hdr, as
> it does for libs that use the older eh registration scheme (glibc
> bug?).  This makes ld warn if the .eh_frame_hdr table won't be created
> for some reason.  I was tempted to make it an error rather than a
> warning.  What do you think, Jakub?

I think a warning is a good idea, but an error would not.  E.g. if .eh_frame
is extended in the future, you would need to immediately update binutils too
to match any additions, with a warning you are made aware of the issue, but
can still build (admittedly slower) binaries/shared libraries.

	Jakub