Re: Allow sysroots to be relocated under $prefix as well as $exec_prefix

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 11:32:18AM +0100, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> Unfortunately, the current configure code only treats sysroots as
> relocatable if they are subdirectories of --exec-prefix.  This seems
> to be academic in the case of ld and gdb; they don't seem to take any
> notice of TARGET_SYSTEM_ROOT_RELOCATABLE anyway.  (ld relies on the
> relocation performed by the gcc driver.)

GDB definitely does honor TARGET_SYSTEM_ROOT_RELOCATABLE.  ld does too
(get_relative_sysroot in ldmain.c).

> This patch makes configure treat sysroots as relocatable if they are
> under either --prefix or --exec-prefix.  I've updated the ld and gdb
> versions to keep them in sync.
>
> Bootstrapped & regression-tested on x86_64-linux-gnu.  Also tested
> on a sysrooted mips-linux-gnu compiler.  OK to install?

LD and GDB parts are OK.  I think the GCC part is sufficiently
obvious, or else ping Paolo.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery