Re: PATCH: PR ld/4504: Copy relocation doesn't preserve section alignment

On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 12:52:44PM -0700, H. J. Lu wrote:
> This patch fixes the longstanding ELF linker bug by applying
> the maximum alignment to all symbols needing copy relocation.  We
> can get the maximum alignment from the section alignment where
> they are defined.

Here are an updated patch and a testcase patch.

There may be more than one shared libraries with different section
alignments. The alignment of .dynbss is the maximum alignment among
all section alignments.  When we align the symbol in .dynbss, we only
need to apply the current section alignment, not the maximum alignment
of .dynbss.

H.J.
---