Re: Always include elf.lo?

Hi Daniel,

GDB currently includes elfread.o on all targets.

Why does GDB do this ? Wouldn't it make more sense for GDB only to include it for ELF based targets ?

Does anyone object to always compiling elf.lo for BFD, regardless of
the target?  I haven't tried it, but looking at the tangled
dependencies I think this will mean all of $elf too.

This does seem to be overkill. Unless there is a good reason why GDB cannot be modified I would prefer not bloat the non-ELF versions of the BFD library in this way.

Cheers
  Nick