Re: New libtool is in the GCC and Src trees.

On Thu, 24 May 2007 13:32:54 -0700 (PDT), "Steve Ellcey"
<sje@cup.hp.com> said:
> > gcc builds fail on Darwin. Attached a patch which cures the issue.
> > Also, I'm analyzing the build failure in libjava, seems you forgot to
> > regen the part in classpath.
>
> ltmain.sh is part of the new libtool, do you know if the ToT libtool has
> this fixed?

No, it does not.
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/libtool/libltdl/config/ltmain.m4sh?annotate=1.75&root=libtool
see line 4968

However, wasn't the point of using ToT libtool: to _avoid_ haring off
with quick-n-dirty [*] local patches -- in effect, forking libtool?
Instead of fixing gcc's local copy, shouldn't this fix -- or a better
one -- instead be submitted to libtool, and then gcc can resync?  (At
least in the medium-to-long term.  For an immediate and temporary fix
for a broken build, as long as it IS temporary...)

[*] As Mike pointed out, the proposed change is not compatible with
older compilers.

--
Chuck