Re: PATCH: PR ld/4409: --unresolved-symbols=ignore-all issues on ia64

On 7/3/07, H.J. Lu <hjl@lucon.org> wrote:

Now the question is what linker should do when 2 exclusive options, like:

 -shared, -Bshareable        Create a shared library
 -pie, --pic-executable      Create a position independent executable

are given at the same time. Linker can issue an error or let the
last one wins. I am OK with either choice. What do people perfer?
Whatever we do, we should be consistent.

Why would you not want to always take the last option? That would be consistent with most all unix tools, yes?