Re: new library handling in binutils causes trouble with --enable-shared

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007, Mike Frysinger wrote:

> about the only use i can think of for these LD_LIBRARY_PATHs is when you go to
> run `make check`, so perhaps the setting of this variable should be
> restricted to that case ?

 Hmm, I have not checked the Makefiles, but if LD_LIBRARY_PATH has to be
set during a build to access newly-built uninstalled libraries, then I am
fairly sure `libtool --mode=execute' should be used instead.  I presume
this is a piece of legacy setup, like quite a lot of bits scattered
through Makefiles, but since we have got libtool in place now, why not
actually make use of it?

  Maciej