Re: PATCH: Map GNU attributes section to PT_GNU_ATTR (aka PT_GNU_STACK) segment

On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 02:05:08PM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> For the attribute info in executable and shared library, there
> should be no difference between linker and loader. Do we need
> the full content of .ARM.attributes section in executable and shared
> library? It sounds to me that PT_ARM_ARCHEXT can just have a
> .ARM.attributes section which can be generated from .ARM.attributes
> in input relocatable files.  .ARM.attributes in executable and shared
> library can smaller and different from .ARM.attributes in relocatable
> files. Readelf will check PT_ARM_ARCHEXT to see how .ARM.attributes
> should be processed.

I think that it is reasonably likely that some tools (e.g. ld and gdb)
will need more information than ld.so.

Since I have serious misgivings about this patch, there are no uses
yet, and Mike has said you've broken Blackfin and FRV uClinux, could
you please revert it until we have a better plan in place?  Thanks.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery