Re: Improvements in binutils by implementing libaddr2line.a

Hi Massimo,

The GNU binutils contains a useful program addr2line that converts addresses
into filenames and line numbers.
With an simple extension it is possible to create a library (libaddr2line
exporting the function convert_addresses(.).

It would probably be cleaner to add this functionality to the bfd library, rather than creating a new library just for addr2line. But I do think that exporting this functionality is a good idea.

Would you like to submit a patch to do this ? Before you do however it would be necessary for you to obtain an FSF copyright assignment, so that we are allowed to actually look at the patch.

Cheers
  Nick