Re: New version of flex and compiling binutils

On 10/4/07, Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > When compiling binutils for the x86_64-pc-mingw32
> > target, I am now seeing a huge pile of warnings
>  > that were never there before.  I am
> > using bison 2.3-3.fc7 and flex 2.5.33-9.fc7.  Does anyone have any
> > insight into this?
>
> The warnings are side effect of the sloppy code which is generated by flex and
> bison.  They should no cause you any concern however.  They are expected.
> There is even code in the makefiles to turn off -Werror when compiling these
> generated files as the build system knows that they might be produced.

It would seem that these warnings do not occur with older versions of
flex.  Do you know what changed in flex?  Perhaps some bug reports on
the flex project would be in order.  I know warnings aren't a big deal
to some, but I'd like to fit it if possible.