Re: New version of flex and compiling binutils

On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 12:58 -0400, NightStrike wrote:

> Yes it does.  Thank you very much!  I will hop over to their project
> immediately and see what I can do.

I took a crack at getting these bugs fixed, but was not successful.  I
can't remember now what happened, but my report obviously didn't lead to
the problem being fixed.  :-)

The other issue I ran into is that some developers believe that recent
versions of flex are unsuitable for use in GCC/binutils.  Thus, fixing
these code generation problems in an even more recent version of flex
would be futile if GCC/binutils are unwilling to adopt that version at a
minimum.

However, don't let me stop you trying -- those warnings drive me
nuts. :-)

Cheers, Ben