Re: Support for ELF's STT_COMMON symbol type

Hi Daniel,

* Has a configure time option to enable the setting of the STT_COMMON type on symbols in generated executables. By default this option is disabled, so the linker should continue to work with the current crop of loaders.

I don't really like this :-( Different people's builds of binutils will trigger different bugs for the same target. I suppose it's reasonable, but please remove this:

+ # XXX FIXME: Add code to test the loader here.

Having binutils built on a new system by default produce binaries that
would not work on older systems would be a real pain to figure out.

You mean always default to not generating STT_COMMON symbols unless the user had explicitly requested them from the configure command line ? OK, I can do that.

Cheers
  Nick