Re: a question about gas

> This is because the type should be "STT_FUNC" not
> "STT_FUNCTION".

Hello,

Ah ok thanks, but then there's an error within the
documentation, I'm using cvs version (I checked it out
a week ago or so), and I can read function rather than
func.

I whish I'd know gas internals better, that (the docs)
would be something I could contribute with.

>    % cat common.S
>    #define _sys_brk 45
>
>    % cat prog.S
>    movl _sys_brk, %eax

Yes that's how I ended up, renaming common.S to
common.h and using the cpp, while I wanted to be able
to mix them as neccesary.

It's just that I wanted to be close to gas'
preprocessing because I might also need to implement
macros performing binary operations such as masking
int and out and the like, though I could also ouput
such intructions with cpp macros.

Thanks.

http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html