Re: PATCH: put .sdata2/.sbss2 into the writable segment on vxworks ppc

On Oct 24, 2007, at 4:23 AM, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

(FYI, CodeSourcery builds the official VxWorks toolchains.
Yes I know :-)

  We're
sometimes very good at keeping the FSF tree up to date, and sometimes
a bit behind...)
Ok.

I know I've seen this problem before.  I don't remember the exact
details, but I believe there was a bit more wrong here dealing with
the VxWorks loader's restrictions on the number of segments in
executables.

We have more patches to be submitted for vxworks:

* enable --gc-section with -r and -q: we think this is a very useful feature for vxworks.

* merge gc sections with -r: the patch is not yet ready to be submitted as I think it would be better to
have a new flag.

Tristan.