Windres problem with manifests

Hi all!

We have ported an existing project to using a UNIX like build mechanism
under Interix, using parity as compiler
(http://www.sf.net/projects/parity). Parity is the successor of WGCC,
and also uses Microsoft's tools in the background (cl.exe, link.exe).

This existing Project used to use Microsoft resource tools rc.exe and
cvtres.exe to create resource files. I now wanted to use windres to do
the same task, so i avoid using microsoft tools directly.

I have a working windres, from which i don't know where the h*** i got
it from:

	mduft parity.new $ windres --version
	GNU windres 2.9.1
	This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the
terms of
	the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no
warranty.

Now the problem is, that on a fresh set-up box, this isn't there, so i
must have installed it sometime ago, but can't remember. Now i'm
building recent binutils versions (2.16 and 2.18) from source, and
enable windres with a small patch for the binutils/configure to include
it on interix.

The resulting windres seems to work, and produces .res and .o files
without problems - but: the resulting files are damaged! I stripped down
a little test case (attached) which shows, that embedding manifest files
as resource doesn't seem to work! See file "instructions" to see how to
produce the error i see (while linking the resulting object).

I could always step back and use microsofts tools for this, but still
windres would be better, i think.

Any comments and/or help would be nice.

Cheers, Markus

--
14. November 2007
Salomon Automation an der LogIT Retail im Leopoldsmuseum in Wien, A

5. Dezember 2007
Salomon Automation am  Schweizer Forum fur Logistik, Lausanne, CH

Salomon Automation GmbH - Friesachstrasse 15 - A-8114 Friesach bei Graz
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Friesach bei Graz
UID-NR:ATU28654300 - Firmenbuchnummer: 49324 K
Firmenbuchgericht: Landesgericht fur Zivilrechtssachen Graz