This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: NOLOAD section attribute results in incorrect debug information
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: Ina Pandit <Ina dot Pandit at kpitcummins dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 06:41:21 -0800
- Subject: Re: NOLOAD section attribute results in incorrect debug information
- References: <C0510D1599922A44A7CE0F05E83C1D49027E64B1@sohm.kpit.com>
On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 02:52:09PM +0530, Ina Pandit wrote:
> We have built toolchains for H8/SH targets using
> binutils-2.17.90 (20070806), gcc-4.2.1 and newlib-1.15.0 sources.
> During our internal testing we found a problem in the GNU Linker.
> When a user defined section with NOLOAD attribute is used in the
> application, the debugging information generated is not correct.
> The ".debug_info" section is incomplete and incorrect.
> Hence it is not possible to debug the application properly.
Please open a bug report at
with your testcase.