This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: put .sdata2/.sbss2 into the writable segment on vxworks ppc
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Nathan Froyd <froydnj at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 15:54:13 +0100
- Subject: Re: PATCH: put .sdata2/.sbss2 into the writable segment on vxworks ppc
- References: <D078C8DB-8574-4EA8-B253-B893A554B9B1@adacore.com> <20071024022306.GA22061@caradoc.them.org>
Hi Nathan and Daniel,
are you currently off ? I'd like to read your patch (and see it in
the FSF tree).
On Oct 24, 2007, at 4:23 AM, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 06:13:00PM +0200, Tristan Gingold wrote:
on VxWorks 6 (for powerpc) all the .sdata2 sections of the library
Therefore during the final link (in RTP mode) the corresponding
segment must be
Currently these sections are always put into the RX segment by the
script. As a consequence
this segment becomes RWX which is unfortunate.
This patch fixes this issue by adding a new variable:
(FYI, CodeSourcery builds the official VxWorks toolchains. We're
sometimes very good at keeping the FSF tree up to date, and sometimes
a bit behind...)
I know I've seen this problem before. I don't remember the exact
details, but I believe there was a bit more wrong here dealing with
the VxWorks loader's restrictions on the number of segments in
Nathan, there's a more complete patch with your name on it from
2007-07-24; think you could post it and the followup?