This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Windres problem with manifests
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Duft Markus <Markus dot Duft at salomon dot at>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 16:22:33 +0000
- Subject: Re: Windres problem with manifests
- References: <18597F2B47F1394A9B309945EC7241120129ADE2@servex01.wamas.com>
I have a working windres, from which i don't know where the h*** i got
mduft parity.new $ windres --version
GNU windres 2.9.1
Wow, that is old.
The resulting windres seems to work, and produces .res and .o files
without problems - but: the resulting files are damaged! I stripped down
a little test case (attached) which shows, that embedding manifest files
as resource doesn't seem to work! See file "instructions" to see how to
produce the error i see (while linking the resulting object).
Unfortunately that test case assumes that I have cl.exe and link.exe and that I
can run them on my local machine... (Well I could run them. but I certainly do
not have them).
1. What is the error that you are seeing ?
2. If you compare an object file produced by the 2.9.1 windres and an object
file produced by the 2.18 windres how do they differ ?
3. Your testcase includes a Makefile and sources to build a client and a dll,
but neither of these are referenced in the "instructions" file. Are they
needed at all ?
4. Have you tried a windres built from the mainline of the binutils sources
in the CVS repository ?