This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [bfd] RFC: support to get data from import/export tables [especially PE files]
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames at darkjames dot ath dot cx>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 11:12:46 +0000
- Subject: Re: [bfd] RFC: support to get data from import/export tables [especially PE files]
- References: <20071103195939.GA15355@darkjames.ath.cx>
I'm missing functionality to get data from import/export tables.
Presumably you mean this from the point of view of an application that is using
the BFD library to handle file containing these tables, rather than from the
point of view of code running inside the BFD library.
I'd like idea of making two functions for getting import data:
bfd_get_imports_dll() /* get info about shared libraries used by program */
bfd_get_imports() /* get info about symbols from given shared library */
And one to get export data:
bfd_get_exports() /* get info about exported symbols */
First of all I like to know if this function could be implemented in
Yes they could.
and than if yes
then how you see idea of passing params to that function.
I thought about creating some new types:
which would contain some info exported to user (portable as much as it
can be), and some private data used by target.
That seems fair.
Good luck with this, and if you have specific questions please do not hesitate
to ask them on this list.