This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: RFC: Allow the suppression of expensive linker and gas tests
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: Ben Elliston <bje at au1 dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 23:35:48 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: RFC: Allow the suppression of expensive linker and gas tests
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <1194562632.16597.6.camel@localhost>
On Fri, 9 Nov 2007, Ben Elliston wrote:
> If the testsuite takes too long to run, then let's address that by
> scaling back the magnitude of the worst offending test cases. I don't
> think giving us the means to produce sets of test results that are not
> directly comparable is the right approach.
No, this can't be done for the sec64k tests, you need 64k
sections to test them. I'm much less bothered by the option of
not running the test, than to somehow run a scaled down version;
it'd then serve no purpose.