This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
[ia64] objcopy and constant-gp
- From: Jakub Jermar <jakub at jermar dot eu>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:36:44 +0100
- Subject: [ia64] objcopy and constant-gp
the following stopped working for me in ia64 binutils 2.18:
1. I have a binary file and want to objcopy it from the binary format to
elf64-ia64-little, creating one ELF section in it, the result is called
2. I want to link empty.o with other .o files that were compiled with
3. ld returns an error complaining about linking constant-gp and
non-constant-gp object files
So I would like to know if you consider this a regression or if it is
actually a feature or a fix introduced in the newest version.
Anyway, what I am now most concerned about is if there is a
straightforward way to specify that empty.o should be constructed with
the constant-gp flag. (There is an easy workaround for this: after
objcopy, patch the ELF file manually and set the constant-gp bit using
some hex editor).
Please respond directly to my email address as I am not subscribed in