Re: [ia64] objcopy and constant-gp

Nick Clifton wrote:
Hi Jakub,

      .section foo, "a", @progbits
      .incbin "the_binary_file"

this works. But it is rather an acceptable workaround.

I think that you might mean "unacceptable" here... :-)

Acceptable was just right. It did the job for me, but I'd do it differently if the tool supported it.

I think that adding a flag to objcopy that would allow one to set file header flags will be a little bit better.

But very target specific if you want to use printable names for the flag bits. Still it is a feature that might prove useful to other people, so if you want to implement it then please go ahead.

Hm, then maybe hex values would do... Anyway, objdump and readelf can print those hex values in human-readable ways (eg. constant-gp). Sorry, I don't see myself implementing this anytime soon :-)

Regards,
Jakub