This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] fix DWARF for ia64
- From: Bob Wilson <bwilson at tensilica dot com>
- To: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:46:54 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] fix DWARF for ia64
- References: <473A01B5.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Here is a follow-on patch. I noticed that dwarf2_emit_label() can also use the
new dwarf2_consume_line_info function.
Is this OK?
I forgot to say how I tested this. I built binutils for xtensa-elf,
ia64-unknown-linux-gnu and i686-pc-linux-gnu targets, all hosted on
i686-pc-linux-gnu, and ran the testsuite. I've rerun those tests now with this
follow-on patch. Everything passed as expected with one exception: the
ld-ia64/line.exp test fails but I see the same failure without any of my
changes. ld fails to show the source line number in an error message. That
does seem suspicious. Is this a known problem?
* dwarf2dbg.c (dwarf2_emit_label): Use dwarf2_consume_line_info.
--- dwarf2dbg.c.2 2007-11-13 12:41:33.000000000 -0800
+++ dwarf2dbg.c 2007-11-13 12:42:42.000000000 -0800
@@ -419,17 +419,11 @@
if (debug_type == DEBUG_DWARF2)
- loc = current;
- dwarf2_loc_directive_seen = FALSE;
+ loc = current;
loc.flags |= DWARF2_FLAG_BASIC_BLOCK;
- current.flags &= ~(DWARF2_FLAG_BASIC_BLOCK
- | DWARF2_FLAG_PROLOGUE_END
- | DWARF2_FLAG_EPILOGUE_BEGIN);
+ dwarf2_consume_line_info ();
dwarf2_gen_line_info_1 (label, &loc);