This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: PR ld/5303: splay-tree doesn't support 64bit value on 32bit host
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>, Doug Kwan <dougkwan at google dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:05:08 +1030
- Subject: Re: PATCH: PR ld/5303: splay-tree doesn't support 64bit value on 32bit host
- References: <20071113171845.GA22504@lucon.org>
On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 09:18:45AM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
> Current linker is broken on 32bit host with 64bit BFD. The problem
> is splay-tree doesn't support 64bit value on bit host, but arange-set.c
> uses splay-tree on bfd_vma. Fixing it isn't easy since splay-tree is
> also used in gcc. We can't use #ifdef in splay-tree.h in gcc due
> to lack of #ifdef in gengtype in gcc. This patch will abort the
> linker if it detects such situation.
Aborting isn't a solution. I'll revert Doug's patch in a week or so
if someone can't find a proper solution, eg. fallback to old scheme
if splay tree support is inadeqaute.
Australia Development Lab, IBM