This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
ar on Solaris -- segfault with libgcj.a
- From: "Poor Yorick" <org dot sourceware dot binutils at pooryorick dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 15:56:33 +0000
- Subject: ar on Solaris -- segfault with libgcj.a
- Reply-to: "Poor Yorick" <org dot sourceware dot binutils at pooryorick dot com>
Building gcc-4.2.2 on Solaris 9, ar version 2.18 produced a segmentation fault during the make process. I can reproduce the error at the command prompt like this:
$ ar -s ./sparc-sun-solaris2.9/sparcv9/libjava/.libs/libgcj.a
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
ar seems to work fine for other archives. If the archive was created by the native ar, might gnu ar behave like this?