This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ar on Solaris -- segfault with libgcj.a
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Poor Yorick <org dot sourceware dot binutils at pooryorick dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 12:09:20 +0000
- Subject: Re: ar on Solaris -- segfault with libgcj.a
- References: <email@example.com>
Building gcc-4.2.2 on Solaris 9, ar version 2.18 produced a segmentation fault during the make process. I can reproduce the error at the command prompt like this:
$ ar -s ./sparc-sun-solaris2.9/sparcv9/libjava/.libs/libgcj.a
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
ar seems to work fine for other archives. If the archive was created by the native ar, might gnu ar behave like this?
Possibly, but it certainly should not seg-fault.
Please could you open a bug report at:
It will really help if you can include a simple test case. eg upload a *small*
archive which will trigger the seg fault when the ar command is run on it.