Re: teaching ld to look under 64 bit libraries when cross compiling

Hector Oron wrote:

>   I have been patching binutils since version 2.15 with the following
> patch so ld looks under 32-64 bit libraries (tested on Debian
> distribution).
>
>   Comments are welcome

I have no authority to comment on the actual patch, but I'd just like to
chime in and say that I've noticed when using `--with-lib-path=/foo/bar'
in an x86_64 multilib configuration, the 64-bit dirs are not added to the
ld SEARCH_DIRS statements as one would expect. This would appear to be a
deficiency in ld/genscripts.sh. I'm not sure whether your patch addresses
this particular issue.

Regards
Greg