This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: gprof does not display memset - callgrind does
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: Chris Stankevitz <cstankevitz at toyon dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:12:13 +0100
- Subject: Re: gprof does not display memset - callgrind does
- References: <474E3DD6.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Nov 29, 2007, at 11:00 AM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
Chris Stankevitz <email@example.com> writes:
Why are calls to memset not appearing in my gprof output?
Because gprof depends on the function being instrumented. Only
functions compiled with -pg can appear in the call graph.
Isn't libc_p compiled with -pg ?
The full link command (gcc -v) may help.
(Slightly off-topic anyway).