This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: How to profile a multithreaded program using gprof?
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Marcel Loose <loose at astron dot nl>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 10:18:23 -0500
- Subject: Re: How to profile a multithreaded program using gprof?
- References: <4750245C0200002000002E0C@server7.nfra.nl>
On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 02:55:23PM +0100, Marcel Loose wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've been trying to profile a multithreaded program, but have not been
> successful so far.
You can't. gprof profiling generally does not support threaded programs.
Use something else, like callgrind or oprofile.