Re: PATCH: makes --gc-sections compatible with -r/-q

On Jan 8, 2008, at 4:01 PM, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

Patch is definitely not OK without that in the manual.

Sure.

I propose this entry. Tell me if the english is not good enough.

@item --gc-sections
@itemx --no-gc-sections
Enable garbage collection of unused input sections.  It is ignored on
targets that do not support this option.  The default behaviour (of not
performing this garbage collection) can be restored by specifying
@samp{--no-gc-sections} on the command line.

This option can be set when doing a partial link (enabled with option
@samp{-r}). In this case the root of symbols kept must be specified with
the option @samp{-e}.