Re: [patch] General info in AS listings

>  A fair point.  The short answer to your question is that no, generally
>  gas does not have any default options enabled.  But of course the
>  backends can enable options as they wish and they have their own
>  selection of options, some of which may be enabled by default.

I see... After completing this patch, I'll navigate through the
sources to try to find examples of this. Of course, some hints by the
backend maintainers are always welcome  :-)

>  In order
>  to truly answer that question we would need to have a more formal
>  approach to command line options, which a data structure associated with
>  each option and some way of telling who/what enabled/disabled the option.

Good idea. That would be very interesting, I'll think a bit about that.

BTW, I've made all the modifications to the patch, including a
detailed Changelog and an entry to the News file. But I'm still with
the new test cases. I haven't found any in the testsuite for checking
the listings, so I can't derive new tests for this new general info
section.

I'll try to find the best way to test the general info section because
the idea is that listings could be processed by external tools, for
example translating the listing first to XML. I suppose that I should
read the dejagnu documentation, isn't?

Regards,

--
Santiago Urueña Pascual <suruena@gmail.com>