Re: gold input section handling

Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> writes:

> Any thoughts on the best approach here?  It is necessary for the
> kernel sources to use inconsistent flags?

The reason is that some of the variables in that section are const and
some are not. I have not tried removing them, but removing the const
might cause additional warnings and might require additional casts.

I guess the kernel could switch over to two separate sections
for this, but it would mean that pretty much all data sections
potentially containing const variables would need to be duplicated.

Also there is always the issue that even if it was fixed at the kernel
level, would you really want to prevent users from compiling older
kernels?

-Andi