Re: ver_test_8_2.so

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 11:38:19PM +0100, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> On Tue, 20 May 2008, David Miller wrote:
>
> > I've tried things like prefixing the name with "::" and whatnot,
> > nothing works.
>
>  Hmm, my C++ is a bit rusty, but looking at GDB sources and the test suite
> I think:
>
> (gdb) '(anonymous namespace)::Target_sparc<32, true>::Scan::local'
>
> is meant to work.  Give it a try!

Well, not really the same.  I'm pretty sure that this is a break on
the demangled form of the ELF symbol.  My suspicion was that anonymous
namespaces are correctly handled when they are inside another
namespace but not when they're at the top level; but a simple testcase
works fine so maybe it's something to do with templates?

There's a lot of bugs involving templates caused by the fact that the
demangled version includes the return type.

Anyway, if you happen to have time to reduce the testcase... :-)

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery