Re: ARM section alignment

Thanks for the background on this.

But what is becoming apparent is that ELF_MAXPAGESIZE is only
tangentially about page size. For example, on x86 there are 2M and 4M
pages, but ELF_MAXPAGESIZE is set to 4K.

So I think the real question here is: what should the default section
alignment for ARM targets be? Bearing in mind that it can be overridden
with -z and/or a linker script, I am of the opinion that it should be
4K, which seems to conform to the actual page size used in most ELF-ARM
systems.

The mere existence of the __QNXTARGET__ ifdef makes it clear that this
really isn't an architecture constant. It's (at best) a target constant.
We either need to re-converge the values or we need to change the way in
which the MAXPAGESIZE value is set up.

Would people object to simply changing ELF_MAXPAGESIZE to 0x1000 for all
ARM targets?