RE: Advise on long types in 64-bit binutils PE compiles.

Thanks Ian and Hi Kai,

> We build a cross tools for linux64 now for some time without any
> problems AFAIK.
OK, that is Linux binaries mingw then, compiled with LP64? If it works you
proved me wrong. But then, my binutils compiles have never produced anything
useful.

BTW, MS have made a patched binutils 2.17, released for Windows 2008 SUA.
This is still x86 only and I doubt they will make any more efforts in this
direction, at least not in the near future. It have support for MS format
import libraries and Interix shared libraries among other things. Are you
interested in a diff?

I also made some progress with delay loading for POSIX (completely in NTAPI)
and I'm currently thinking how to implement it in libtool. So, this is
actually an alternative solution for Interix shared libraries and will take
away the need of GNU binutils. Still I really would like to get the tools
i.e. ld to work properly.

Cheers
Jerker