Compressed code sections

Hi all,

I'm implementing support for a code compression technology, and my
first approach to implementation was to modify ld so that on a final
link the code sections would be compressed. This proves to be
difficult because bfd does not seem to have support for an on-disk
section being smaller than the same section in memory (i.e. we have
vma and lma, but just one size per section). Are there any hooks in
the linker that might be able to do this? I always seem to either be
too early or too late in the process to be able to do what I want.