Re: Next release

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

Are there any issues that you'd like addressed before any official
release of the current HEAD?

As part of my GSoC work for GCC, I'd like to get two relatively small changes into binutils before the release: PECOFF TLS init support and .eh_frame support for PECOFF. These are needed to support various Windows improvements targetted at GCC 4.4: <http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/WindowsGCCImprovementsGSoC2008>. These changes are specific to i386-pe.

Conservatively, I think both of these changes will be ready by July 15th. If that is too late, would it be possible to commit these to the branch? I'd really like to see these features in a binutils that comes out before GCC 4.4 does.