Re: Undefined weak symbols in shared libraries

Hi Daniel,

- The testsuite never runs C tests on cross targets.  This is an
annoying limitation for me since I mostly cross-test.  It's fixable,
but will introduce some dependencies on having a target during cross
testing that are not currently present.  Any opinions on that?

If you need a cross compiler why not put the test in the gcc testsuite ?

Answer: because it is testing the linker not the compiler. But I think that the execution tests in the gcc testsuite should be considered to be toolchain tests rather then just compiler tests and hence it is reasonable to include checks on the linker's behaviour. Besides there already are linker-feature tests in the gcc testsuite, so there is a precedent.

So before I do anything with this test, I'd like to know: is there any
agreement that it should pass?

Well my five cents says that yes, it should.

Cheers
  Nick